A Chronology of Mohr and Laupp
August Hermann (1776–1803)
founded a bookstore in Frankfurt am Main under his name on August 1, 1801.
Jacob Christian Benjamin Mohr (1778–1854)
purchased the Hermann'sche Buchhandling in 1804 and continued to run it under his name as a product line and a publishing company. In 1805, the University of Heidelberg invited him to open an academic bookshop, which he operated consecutively with his two partners Zimmer and Winter, and after 1822 alone. In 1810/11, he closed his business in Frankfurt.
Johann Georg Zimmer (1776–1853)
with his friend J.C.B. Mohr, he founded the academic bookshop Mohr & Zimmer in Heidelberg in 1805. In 1815, he left the company.
Christian Friedrich Winter (1773–1858)
from 1815 to 1822 he was a partner of the academic bookshop Mohr & Winter in Heidelberg together with J.C.B. Mohr.
Ernst Christian Mohr (1811–1890)
the son of J.C.B. Mohr, in 1802 he took over the product line of the J.C.B. Mohr bookshop and continued to run it at his own expense. Apart from this, he also owned his own small publishing company. From 1854/56 until 1878 he ran his father's publishing company along with his brother Karl. In 1878, the company was sold to the owners of the H. Laupp'schen Buchhandlung in Tübingen.
the son of J.C.B. Mohr opened a printing house in Heidelberg in 1845 which accepted orders primarily from his father's publishing company.
Carl Mohr (1817–1897)
the son of J.C.B. Mohr, owner of the J.C.B. Mohr bookshop together with his brother Ernst between 1856 and 1878.
(Jakob) Heinrich Laupp (1780–1836)
apprentice and employee of Cotta in Tübingen, from 1810 on general manager of the Cotta'schen Sortimentsbuchhandlung, which remained in Tübingen when Cotta moved his publishing company to Stuttgart. In 1816, Laupp purchased the bookshop under his own name, and published scholarly works, primarily by Tübingen scholars. When he died in 1836, the H. Laupp'sche Buchhandlung became the property of his widow, Luise Friederike Laupp.
Luise Friederike Laupp, née Löffler (1798–1882)
married to Heinrich Laupp. After the death of her husband, she was the owner of the H. Laupp'schen Buchhandlung from 1836 until 1847, from 1840 on in partnership with her son-in-law Hermann Siebeck.
Hermann Siebeck (1816–1877)
Heinrich Laupp's son-in-law, took over the management of the H. Laupp'schen Buchhandlung in 1839 and to begin with was Luise Laupp's partner, from 1847 on he was her son Rudolf Laupp's partner. In 1866, Hermann Siebeck became the sole owner, and in 1873 his son-in-law, J.G. Kötzle, became his partner. He managed the company up until his death in 1877.
Rudolf Laupp (1818–1866)
the son of Heinrich and Luise Laupp, was a partner in the H. Laupp'schen Buchhandlung between 1847 and 1866.
J. Gustav Kötzle (1840–1900)
married to Charlotte Siebeck, one of Hermann Siebeck's daughters, from 1873 on a partner in the H. Laupp'schen Buchhandlung, and purchased the J.C.B. Mohr bookshop in 1878 together with Paul Siebeck. He continued to manage the H. Laupp'sche Buchhandlung with its publishing company and its product range in Tübingen up to 1899, whereas Paul Siebeck moved to Freiburg with the J.C.B. Mohr publishing company.
Paul Siebeck (1855–1920)
Hermann Siebeck's son, he purchased the J.C.B. Mohr publishing company in 1878 together with his brother-in-law J.G. Kötzle and managed this by himself between 1880 and 1899 in Freiburg, while Kötzle remained in Tübingen with the H. Laupp'sche Buchhandlung. In 1899, Paul Siebeck returned to Tübingen and managed the Mohr and Laupp companies together in Tübingen until 1920.
Oskar Siebeck (1880–1936)
Paul Siebeck's son, joined J.C.B. Mohr (Paul Siebeck), his father's company, in 1906 and for a while was in charge of a branch of the publishing company in Berlin. Between 1920 and 1936 he was in charge of the company together with his brother Werner.
Werner Siebeck (1891–1934)
Paul Siebeck's son, joined J.C.B. Mohr (Paul Siebeck) in 1914 and managed the company together with his brother Oskar between 1920 and 1934.
Hans Georg Siebeck (1911–1990)
Oskar Siebeck's son, joined his father's company in 1935, managed it from 1936 until 1976 and maintained his connection to the company as a partner.
Georg Siebeck (geb. 1946)
Hans Georg Siebeck's son, joined the J.C.B. Mohr (Paul Siebeck) publishing company in 1972 and took over its management in 1976. He has been a partner since 1983 and since 1990 is the sole owner of the publishing company, whose name he changed to Mohr Siebeck e.K. in 2003 and then to Mohr Siebeck GmbH & Co. KG in 2005.