Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE) – Manuscripts
Manuscripts should be submitted online at http://editorialexpress.com/jite. The submitted manuscript and supplementary material must be in PDF format.
Manuscripts must be in English (American spelling is preferred). Manuscripts should be single-spaced with wide margins and should not exceed 25 pages. Title and subtitles should be concise, the use of footnotes should be kept to a minimum.
The first page of the manuscript should contain the following information:
- title of the paper
- name(s) of author(s)
- date of submission
- abstract (not exceeding 100 words)
- keywords (up to five)
- Journal of Economic Literature classification.
Manuscripts should include the full addresses (including e-mail-addresses) of all authors.
Currently, there is no submission fee. Submission of a paper will be held to imply that it contains original unpublished work and is not being submitted for publication elsewhere. The editors are not responsible for damage or loss of papers submitted.
To assure fast turnover all manuscripts are prescreened for suitability.
All suitable manuscripts are peer reviewed by two referees. After acceptance, the final version of the paper must be sent to the Editorial Office as a PDF file and as a LaTex or MS Word for Windows file in order to allow for electronic formatting and language editing.
Acceptance for publication will be given in written form and is subject to the condition that the article contains original unpublished work and has not been submitted for publication elsewhere.
New: Online First
In order to make your contribution visible and readable as soon as possible, after peer review all accepted articles will be published in an Online First version. These articles already have their final layout and are searchable and citable by their DOI. Once the article is published in an issue of the journal, the Online First version will be removed.
When the article is accepted for publication, the exclusive copyright is granted to Mohr Siebeck. This copyright expires with the termination of the period of copyright protection as stipulated by law. The right of publication comprises the right to do a photomechanical reproduction of the work and to distribute this as well as the right to store the data, to distribute it on a data carrier and to make the data accessible to the public.
The author will retain the following rights:
- to make the work accessible as a "working paper" (the version of the article you submitted for publication) on his own website and university repository during the pre-publication period.
- to make the "accepted version" of his article (the version accepted for publication including all the changes resulting from the evaluation procedure) accessible in his university repository or his own website at any time.
- to distribute the e-offprint of his contribution for private use (e.g. via e-mail), but not to make it accessible to the public (e.g. at any website, intranet or repository).
- to grant another publisher non-exclusive permission to reprint the article one year after publication in our journal.
Mohr Siebeck will retain the exclusive right to make the data of the printed version accessible to the public. In all cases full reference must be made to the version published by Mohr Siebeck, including a DOI.
Authors are kindly asked to comply with the following instructions:
Downloadable Templates for JITE
For LaTeX users, there is a template package which also includes Instructions to Authors in PDF format. JITE-LATEX2012.zip (271 KB)
In order to extract individual files from the JITE_LATEX.zip, you will require an unzip program, such as for example the PeaZip for Linux and Windows or theUnarchiver for MacOS, which are free of charge.